For over 40 years, Iris Waichler, MSW, LCSW, has provided consulting, and counseling services to help hundreds of patients trying to cope emotionally and physically with their medical problems. She also provided invaluable support for their Family Members and the Caregivers of loved ones. She has also authored hundreds of articles offering information for both patients and families to help them cope with these life challenges.
Services for Family Members and Caregivers:
- How to assess the appropriate level of care that is needed for an aging loved one?
- How to find the best nursing home placement for a loved one?
- How to find the right assisted living program for a loved one?
- How to build a strong caregiver network?
- How to manage and interpret medical bills and insurance coverage?
- How to identify local resources that can be used to help care for loved ones?
- How to cope with the physical, emotional, and mental changes that occur for a loved one suffering from a serious illness?
- How to identify clues showing that an aging loved one is starting to decline?
- How to pick the right physician for a loved one?
- How to be an effective long distance caregiver?
- Help with grief, anger, and other emotions caused by the loss of a loved one.
- How to cope with a terminal illness diagnosis given to a loved one?
Services for Patients:
- How to assess the right type of care needed?
- How to find the appropriate nursing home?
- How to find the right assisted living program?
- How to organize and understand medical bills?
- How to cope with a serious medical problem and the resulting physical, emotional, and mental changes that have evolved?
- Help with coping with the emotional adjustments and stress caused by a medical illness.
- How to choose the right physician?
- How to cope with the lifestyle changes related to a medical problem?
To receive Iris’s complete Services Overview Package, which includes fee and engagement options, please contact her.
Fee structure for Family Members and Caregivers:Initial 1 1/2 hour assessment session by phone )in person if in Chicagoland area.) This session determines what are the problem areas and what gaps need to be addressed. Fee is $350. If travel is needed additional charges would apply to cover costs associated with travel.
Package 2 includes initial assessment and 3 hourly follow up sessions by phone or in person that include help evaluating level of care needed, where to find the right type of necessary patient services (i.e home care, nursing home, assisted living), and identifying questions to ask when getting caregiver or patient assistance is $750.
Package 3 offers 6 sessions including initial assessment, 5 hourly follow up sessions by phone or in person. This includes initial assessment, 5 hourly follow up sessions evaluating level of care needed, finding the right type of support, (home care, nursing home, assisted living, other), information on identifying what to ask when getting additional services, determining local services available in your area, and follow up evaluation in time frame to be mutually determined to assess how loved one and caregivers are doing and what additional services are needed. If additional patient or caregiver services are indicated counseling and referral assistance can be offered. This package is available for $1100.
Caregiver counseling available by phone or in person if local in Chicago area.
1 hour session is $150 an hour.
- Patient counseling available by phone or in person if local in Chicago area for $150 for an hour.
- Counseling available for caregivers and patient together in joint session by telephone or in person if local in Chicago area for $175 an hour.